- The Wishes Series by G.J. Walker-Smith: There are 2 books out, and I think the 3rd should be out in a month or two. (There's a rumor of a book 4, but my guess is that this will center around one of the sub-characters.) This is pretty romancey and sweet. The endings aren't really cliffhangers, but you know the tale isn't done yet. It's pretty well written for an indie author, too. It's probably in the YA/New Adult category. Female lead is about 17, and the male lead is in college.
- Damaged by H.M. Ward: Meh. I actually couldn't even remember this and had to look up the summary on Amazon. It's highly rated for the NA genre, but my life has obviously not been changed as a result of reading it.
- Strings by Kendall Grey: OK. I HIGHLY recommend this one. HOWEVER...here is the warning. Heed the warning...for reallzzzzz. (So good I copied/pasted it for you below.) If you aren't entirely sure based on the book warning, read Chapter 1 as part of the Look Inside feature and see what you think (for free). The whole book is similar to that first chapter. This is book 1 of a trilogy, but each book is going to center on a different character, so no cliffhanger. It's also on sale for $.99 thru the end of the week.
* Readers are strongly advised to wear latex gloves whilst reading to minimize contamination risks.
- The Dark Light Series by S.L. Jennings: I read the first 2 books in this series. There is at least one more book because Book 2 left a cliffhanger. This is paranormal. I liked these. I don't know they'll make my Top 10 of the year, but they were pretty good.
Jaden Baker by Courtney Kirchoff.
I am at 73%. I have absolutely no idea where this book is going. The reviews I read said this was really, really dark...not an erotic kinda of way, but more in a non-sexual way. I can tell you that what I thought this was going to be about, it's not. There is a supernatural undertone to this one, but it sorta plays in the background for much of the book. TBD...
According to the countdown app on my phone, Book Bash is just 45 days away. Yay! (http://www.bookbash.net/)
For anyone who might be interested, there are two author/reader events scheduled for 2014 that I'm already planning on attending. There is one in Chicago (http://chicagoauthorevent.com/) the first weekend of May 2014 and one in Minneapolis (Pure Textuality Convention) the first weekend of October 2014. If anyone is interested, you can follow both events on Facebook for updates.