I am surrounded by dysfunctional relationships, mostly marriages. I have never claimed to be a proponent of marriage, but at least I comprehend the concept. Here's how I see it: You get married and commit yourself to another human being. You learn the art of compromise. You do everything in your power - even through the bad stuff - to make it work. But, should that day come when you have exhausted all avenues to make it work, GET OUT! Don't lose your identity because you are too afraid of a different life. Don't ruin the lives of your children or other members of your family because you are afraid. And for the love of Pete...don't screw around while you are still married.
So, for the people in my life that I know and love that are going through some tough times in their relationships, I wish nothing but good things for you. Please try everything in your power to make things work. But, at the same time, please don't let fear win in your decision-making process. When fear wins, we all lose.
My Dove message for today: Love without rules.
It's a beautiful thought.