Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fence project 1





So, project #1 of 2011 is now complete. Yesterday I completed installation of the picket fence. It took almost 5 hours just to get the cross pieces up, so I had given up all hope of finishing the project in a day. However, once I started nailing the pickets, it went really fast. I was done just in time for the neighbor's happy hour on the deck at 4pm.

My neighbors who "share" the fence with me are...lazy homeowners. I informed them I was going to do this project about a month ago, and I saw one of them Thursday night and Friday morning during the process. They seemed to have no opinion about it at all. Nevertheless, I have this weird feeling that they are going to complain about it. Not really sure why I think that, especially since they don't seem to care about their house or yard at all. Whatevs...

Project #2 for 2011 is to put up vinyl fencing on the other side of the yard. That has been selected and ordered; I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Fencing the yard is all about the dog (obviously), but I really think both fence projects will add significant curb appeal to the property. And since my house was just reassessed at a significant decrease in value, I can use all the help I can get for that day I decide to sell.