As I prepare to officially and indefinitely suspend my
Facebook activity on Friday, I have decided that I will instead try to blog
more often. This, perhaps, will not be a problem as I seem to have ample time
available at work these days to at least start a post (as I am doing now)
So, things are pretty stressful. It would seem that winter
is going to be around FOREVER here in Wisconsin, and my seasonal affective disorder
(SAD) is at a level I’ve never felt before. I’ve added good ole Vitamin D to my
diet (in place of real sunshine), but it apparently interacts with my anxiety
meds. So now I’ve taken to feeling drunk every morning and needing some 5-Hour
Energy just to stay awake. It’s neat.
Between being mentally and physically ill from the SAD and
my lackluster career, I’ve started to think again about moving. A quick web
search of where people with SAD would benefit living from turned up
Albuquerque, NM and Charlotte, NC, just to name a few. I have a friend who used
to live in or near both, and he voted for Albuquerque. In 2007, Tempur-Pedic
opened a huge mattress factory in Albuquerque, so perhaps I found my new
career.
I continue to read quite a bit. I finished a book this
morning that was not fantastic, so I’ll refrain from any sort of
recommendation/review. I am taking a short break from HEA (happily ever after)
romances and trying to focus more on the paranormal. I believe the next book in
line for me to read is about a vampire apocalypse. (Don’t fret…there are zombie
books waiting right after this one!)