Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Post Memorial Day update

What's the worst thing about a long vacation? Coming back to work, of course!
Ugh...I did not want to put on real pants and drag my sorry ass to work today. As I said to my neighbor yesterday, "I sorta like this not working thing." Guess I need a sugar daddy, huh? Actually, I had one of those. They're not all they're cracked up to be. Never mind.

Well, the long weekend was productive but probably not as much as I would have liked. I had a migraine on and off (yes, somehow that is possible) Friday and Saturday. Conveniently, those were the two nicest weather days of the long weekend. So, I would spend like an hour or two on a project and need a nap. It pretty much sucked and zapped a lot of my energy, but that's what a vacation is for, right? I just went with it. It's hard to fight your body.

I managed to get some errands run, patio blocks laid so that I stop driving over my grass when pulling into the driveway, and I did manage to get that darn exhaust fan replaced in the bathroom. (Oh, and I fell out of the attic and did huge damage to my body. This is the only time it will be discussed.) However, as expected, the best part of my weekend was Fast and the Furious 6. Holy amazeballs! I know it's not much of a plot or complex story, but I do like fast cars, hot men, and chick fights. Who doesn't, right? And the spoiler to #7 - which apparently was leaked all over the Google machine for months and I missed it - blew my friggin' mind! I'm so excited there is already a release date for it, and it's not when I'm 50. Hell, these two movies will be out, done, and over before even half of the Hunger Games movies are released!

Otherwise, I laid low and just tried to get some stuff off my never-ending to-do list. I didn't get to everything; who actually gets to everything, though, right? The one thing I really need to get done is my author signing cards for Book Bash in Orlando. It's one month from Saturday, so I must stop procrastinating. Good thing it looks to be another slow week at work as a good portion can be done with a computer, internet access, and time.

I read two books over the weekend, and they were books 1 and 2 in a series. Another bunch of book duds! I am, like, 0-10 lately. I'll post those titles in a separate blog later. My book goals have slightly changed for the next 30 days. As I compile my spreadsheet and start doing my signing cards, I am going to try to get through any unread book on my Kindle from an author I'm going to meet in at Book Bash. I can tell you for sure that next up will be Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino. It got amazing reviews, and it was on sale over the weekend for $.99. Renee will be in Orlando, so this makes my choice much easier.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, and have a great rest of your week. If anyone wants to see Fast and the Furious 6, let me know. I might just be willing to go again! ;-)